cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up to disk then to tape

Derek_Schaula1
Level 3

We use Sym BE 10.1 and I have created a new media set for disk based backup and a job using a backup to disk folder.  The folder lives on our NAS server.

I want to push this out to tape when the NAS box is backed up, but am not sure if I am missing a step.  When the NAS job ran last night, it never completed, it appeared to stall at just over half way.  I have cancled the job and gotten everything back in order for today but wanted to be sure that the disk based backup was not in the way.

The disk based backup job worked with no problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

First we need to create a primary job and create a new policy for duplicate jobs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

As I understand, we want to perform primary backups on disks and then duplicate the job on the TAPES.

1  : We can create a duplicate job from disk to TAPES
2  : We can run the duplicate job as soon as the primary job is over
3  : We can also schedule the duplicate job to run after hours

Please find the Symantec KB:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/256096
How to configure Duplicate Backup Jobs in Backup Exec for Windows Servers

Please let me know if you want more information

Derek_Schaula1
Level 3
Hmmm... I tried to set it up to duplicate following a backup job but it says there are no items that meet the required criteria...

Can I use this with jobs controlled by a policy?

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

We can set up a duplicate job by using a policy.

Derek_Schaula1
Level 3

What is the best method for configuring the duplication job?  When I try to do so using a new policy the duplication option is greyed out

Not sure how to get this started

thanks

Derek

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

First we need to create a primary job and create a new policy for duplicate jobs.

Derek_Schaula1
Level 3
I have the primary job and policy created and scheduled...

it is set up to use a disk backup.

When I create a new policy for the duplication job, I select New Template and the only option available is Backup Template... not sure where to go from here.

Derek_Schaula1
Level 3
I added it to the same policy as the original backup and it seems to be configured.  Thanks for the help.

Derek