cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up user defined remote selection

Sharbel_Chehade
Level 3
I am running Back up Exec 9.1 on Windows SBS 2003. I used the user defined remote selection options to map drives to locations in order to back up information on a NAS. When I try to select these folders the system takes at least two minutes before making the selction. I then shared a folder on a workstaion and tried again and the same result a good minute and a half. The server has two partitioned drives C and D, I then, again through user defined selections mapped a drive to the D:\ and ran a back up and no problem access times where like normal. In explorer the same paths are mapped to the NAS and the workstation I did the test on and access is instant. I have tried the following with no success, diabled Norton Anti Virus Services, Increased paging sizes to 3070MB, disabled netbios over TCP / IP. Does any one have any other suggestion to the cause.
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Can you ping the remote server?

Also try making entries in the host file and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.