cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup- 14 V-79-57344-33938 - An error occurred on a query to database IWIN. V-79-57344-33938 - The Backup Exec SQL Agent was not used to create the last full backup of this database. You must use the SQL Agent to run a full backup before you run

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hello All,

I have installed new backup server name E vault by i365. We are having one cluster ms-sql database on two physical node of win 2003. These database are getting backed up on Backup Exec ( Veritas Tape backup ) system with 1 full and rest 6 differential backup. Up till now it was running fine as per the schedule.

Now we have installed Evault agent on above physical node with required licenses and i am able to take backup of Ms-sql on Evault.

Now problem here is that Veritas differential backup fail saying below error and customer has to take full backup every time. But my Evault backup run successfully every time.and my Backup Exec 11D for windows server (version 11.0 Rev.7170) is giving error

Backup- V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database IWIN.
V-79-57344-33938 - The Backup Exec SQL Agent was not used to create the last full backup of this database. You must use the SQL Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential backup or transaction log backup.

I also came accross link which shows that this problem may occur if you have installed other backup software.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301508.htm

Can any body give me what is final resolutions for this?I want to run both backup softwere for backups.
Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Unfortunately if you want to use both backup software programs to protect your SQL databases you will not be able to run differential backups with Backup Exec.  This is actually a safety feature that was built into Backup Exec 11d and higher.  The reasoning behind this is to keep customers from having to track down multiple backups from different programs to be able to completely restore a database from Full, differential and log backups.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Unfortunately if you want to use both backup software programs to protect your SQL databases you will not be able to run differential backups with Backup Exec.  This is actually a safety feature that was built into Backup Exec 11d and higher.  The reasoning behind this is to keep customers from having to track down multiple backups from different programs to be able to completely restore a database from Full, differential and log backups.

rishi_rich
Level 5
Thank you very much Ben,

So that means i have either use E vault or backup exec 11d for sql backup.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Rishi,

That is correct, either use E Vault or Backup Exec for your SQL backups.