cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup 2 Disk with Rotating Snap Servers not working.

j_g_2
Level 3
I have two snap servers. Configured identically, including the IP Address. Every Tuesday night, I swap them. and every Tuesday night, the backup job stalls, it just sits there at "active". There is no device name in the job monitor screen for the job. The job never starts.

If I go to the devices screen and click the online option a couple of times, it'll take off and run.

Windows Explorer has no problem seeing the new device after a swap.

How can I troubleshoot/address this?
5 REPLIES 5

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

If you are taking a backup TO the SNAP server, then try configuring a removable B2D and verify the results.

If You are taking a backup OF the SNAP server, then try running a resource discovery before the backup job.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

j_g_2
Level 3
Backing up TO the snap.
I have changed the device from B2D folder to Removable B2D folder. It always fails when we switch them on Tuesday nights. I'll report back on Wednesday morning.....

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Does the backup job still fails?Does it give any error or it's status remains as "active"?

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

j_g_2
Level 3
Refer to my last reply. I cannot answer until Wednesday morining.

j_g_2
Level 3
This appears to have worked.