cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup 2010 media ejection "Please remove tape ..."

tuckerssb
Level 2

I have a backup job (2010) of a 2008 Server w/Exchange 2007.

It is basically a full backup/verify including IS & SysState, etc.

I have set the media to eject upon completion.

When I come in in the morning the tape is ejected. I logon and open the job monitor. The Job Monitor shows the job still running, but the log shows all stages completed.

Then "out-of-the-blue" a window pops up telling me to remove the tape. I do not know what action caused the window to appear. I click OK to the window, it disappears and a few seconds later the job shows completed in the job monitor.

I would like not to have this happen. Is there a way to avoid this message? I have not found anything in the job properties that would allow me to do that.

Basically a non-technical person checks the backup each morning and the job shows still running so they think there is a problem.

tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

When I come in in the morning the tape is ejected. I logon and open the job monitor. The Job Monitor shows the job still running, but the log shows all stages completed.

You can either remove Eject-on-End from the job description or set up an Auto-response of "OK" to have the job end when the backup completes

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You can either remove Eject-on-End from the job description or set up an Auto-response of "OK" to have the job end when the backup completes

tuckerssb
Level 2

Can u tell me more about auto-response?

tuckerssb
Level 2

thx