cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Alerts?

Neldog
Level 3
Hello everyone,

I have 2 jobe running on BE11d. Running win2003SE OS. These jobs have been in production for a few months. Over the past 2 weeks I'm reveiving alerts which prevents the jobs from running at a predetermined time.  I've set the auto reply to yes to overwrite the tape. This doesn't seem to work.

The Media set is set to 1 day retention and the tape retention is set to 1 day also.

Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening after it worked for a few months.

software BE 11.0 rev 7170, Exabyte VXA U1 tape drive firmware 3206

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by LakeRat on 12-13-2007 05:39 PM
8 REPLIES 8

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Which alert are you getting?

Neldog
Level 3
Overwrite media.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Is the alert saying "please insert" or asking to confirm an overwrite?  Just trying to get a better understanding of the issue.  As I have not seen any problems with the alert for confirmation of ovewriting a tape or asking to overwriting a tape.

Neldog
Level 3
Do you want to overwrite allowcated media 'A0000006'.

The media number changes every day.

The retention period is set to 1 day.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Generally you get this error when the Global Overwrite protection is set to NONE

Try setting it to PARTIAL and change the media set OPP (Overwrite Protection Period) to whatever is appropriate.  6 days for tapes written each week, 13 days for tapes written every other week etc

Neldog
Level 3
Boy, do I feel dumb.

Everywhere I look it's greyed out and set to none.  How can I change it to Partial?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

To set defaults for media management

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.

2. On the Properties pane, under Settings, click Media Management.

See the Admin Guide page 274

Neldog
Level 3
I may have stumbled upon the solution.
BE 11d was running minimized in the tray.  I closed it up last night and it ran correctly.

I did change it to 'Partial', Thanks....
If I don't re-visit you know it works...

Thanks...