cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Client loses Trust After Restore

James_Mb
Level 2

I have installed Backup Exec 2012 SP2. I have the V-Ray Licenses to backup our Hyper-V hosts. Backup. Backup Jobs run successfully, but when I do a system state restore of a VM, the trust to the Domain Controller is lost. I have to disjoin the VM from the domain and rejoined it again, and then the trust relationship is restored. I understand that this can happen with old Backup Media, but the time difference of the Backup and the running environment is less than 3hours.

Does anyone have any hints?

Thanks!

James

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...that shouldn't happen. I'd suggest opening up a support query with Symantec around this, and feeding back here if they help you sort this out.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This can be expected, if restoring from an older backup set (usually 30 days older or more)

But, in your case, 3 hrs is too quick.

Does this happen during any VM restore or was this a one-time occurence for this specific VM ? (Guessing the backup was taken on the rare day when the password was to be changed)

James_Mb
Level 2

This happens during any VM restore

VJware
Level 6

Is the DC also on a VM ? If yes, was this VM also restored ?

On any VM - Group Policy, what's the value set for "Computer Configuration\windows Settings\Security settings\Local Policies\Security Options" ?

James_Mb
Level 2

The DC is also virtualized, But was not restored. The GPO settings have the default values

VJware
Level 6

As a test, take a snapshot of any VM. And then does reverting it cause this issue as well or is it just the restore ?

If just the restore, then would recommend to log a formal support case as well.

James_Mb
Level 2

I know where you are going with Snapshot, as I've experienced this when I took a snapshot of the domain controller in a lab, but I'll give it a try and let you know.