cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup/Copy Folder to offsite Server Help..to non backup exec file

carbonscoring
Not applicable

Hello all, I'm new to the Backup world. I have a Backup Exec 2010 R3 running on a windows server 2008. I have a Buffalo iSCSI device that is attached to that same windows server 2008 that I will be backing up/copy the data to.

I need to backup/copy a folder daily on a computer but, I need it not be the proprietary backup exec backup that is created when backup exec.

So in essence I want to be able to go to my backup location, the iSCSI device, and open the folder that was copied and be able see and use the files if needed and not have to do any restore from the backup file.

Sorry if I'm lacking in my backup terms hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Mike

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE does not copy files from servers to servers.  If you need to do so, use a file sychronisation program or Robocopy.

View solution in original post

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In addition to what PKH had mentioned, you cannot view thru windows explorer the contents of the backup file that Backup Exec (or even any other backup application) created. You have to open Backup Exec Admin Console and perform a Restore Job.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE does not copy files from servers to servers.  If you need to do so, use a file sychronisation program or Robocopy.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In addition to what PKH had mentioned, you cannot view thru windows explorer the contents of the backup file that Backup Exec (or even any other backup application) created. You have to open Backup Exec Admin Console and perform a Restore Job.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think the OP is aware of this and this is something that he does not want.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

if you are looking for file synchronisation programs, then when searching (or researching) also look for the replication programs