cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Domino server using BackupExec script file

SOFT-CONSULT
Not applicable

I want to backup a single NSF database from one of our Domino servers (BE Domino Agent is installed and working) using a BackupExec script file. The "Command line applet" reference PDF which also contains the refrence for creating script files is very scarce on examples of how to backup a Domino server. Every "Selection" entry in the script file (which defines what exactly to back up on the Domino) apparantly has to or should consist of the following "parameters":

PATH1=servername.domain.local|F:\lotus\domino\data\names.nsf

LNSERVER1=servername.domain.local

LNDRIVE1=F:

INCLUDE1=YES

SUBDIRS1=NO

What are the correct values for PATH, LNSERVER and LNDRIVE for backing up a single NSF database on a Domino server? I have tried all combinations that came to my mind, but the job either fails, or backs up all NSF databases. Manually creating a selection list in the BE GUI and selecting only the desired NSF database works very well, but I can not get it to work using a BE script.

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If is much easier to create the job/selection list  from the console, and then call that job using BEMCMD, than to tryu to create one using the tool

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The BEMCMD feature that you are using is only good for file selection.  It cannot be used for backup done through an agent.  What you are trying to do is to back up the .nsf as a file.  This cannot be done because .nsf is automatically excluded by AFE.