cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup EXEC 2010 on TMG Server

emdadgar2
Level 2
Is there any conflict between Backup EXEC 2010 Remote agent and TMG Server (on 2008 R2)?
Because when I install Backup EXEC 2010 Remote agent on TMG Server, server failed to start!!!
and after disable it's service in safe mode, solved...but Backup EXEC not working (because service not running)

Thanks anyway
4 REPLIES 4

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Threat Management Gateway might be stopping the port 10000 on which BE remote works. Please make sure you have the port excluded in your security to make it work. If this port is blocked or been used by someone else the remote agent will not work.

teiva-boy
Level 6
Or perhaps an AV engine is scanning/blocking the BE files and/or services/processes.

emdadgar2
Level 2
No, problem is a bit different!!!
After installing 64bit Agent on Server 2008 R2 with TMG, agent service hanged and cannot start
and after restarting server, system hanged on loading desktop items (when loading agent service)

And when I disable agent service (from safe mode), system will be loaded successfully.

and also I allowed all ports from local host to Backup EXEC 2010 Media server

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please go to the location C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open the services in the notepad. At the end put the entry NDMP 12050 and save this file.

Once done try to start the remote agent service again. This way we can be sure it is not the issue with the ndmp port.