cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup EXEC 2010

sfletch3
Not applicable
Accredited

I have a new installation of Backup Exec 2010.  The Bios sees the backup to disk drives, the OS sees the backup to disk drives, but when I try to create the Backup to disk folders, the resources available are gone.  Doesn't even see the local C:\ drive.

5 REPLIES 5

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Make sure Backup Exec services are running under an administrator account. Also, check Nework-> Logon accounts to specify an administrator account as "system logon account".

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Weird error...start by patching BE with the available patches. Once done, try running through the B2D wizard again to create the folder.

Laters!

Sush---
Level 6

Ensure that the account used to start the Backup Exec services has Local Admin rights on this server. Using a Domain Admin account is recommended.

Also check that Backup Exec Remote Agent service is running under the Local System Account and all other Backup Exec services are running under Domain Admin account.

Also as updated by BESymc above,  please check Nework-> Logon accounts to specify an  account as "system logon account" which is again preferably a Domian Admin Account.

Try to login in to the server with the Backup Exec account too.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Try Network --> Connect to Media Server. Provide the password and connect. You can verify the services status also in the same window. Make sure the status is running.

I had this problem when BE had problems in connecting with media server.

Regards.

Sush---
Level 6

Are there any updates on this ??  I would appreciate if you can update the post from your end. If you have got the required Information please mark the appropriate response as Solution and close this forum post.

Thanks,

-Sush...