Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exchange 2010 databases on SF HA with Backup Exec 2010 R2

Tomislav
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi!

I have Exchange 2010 deployment on Storage Foundation HA for Windows and for backup software I use Backup Exec 2010 R2. Databases are almost always mounted on server1 but they can also be switched (or in case of failover) to server2 or server3. The problem is that when the databases are on server1 backup exec backups all databases but if databases are switched to server2 or server3 backup exec backups anything (on existing backup job information store is selected on all three servers). So I need solution how to make selection list and backup job that will backup databases regardless of server on which they are mounted. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tomislav

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You would back up the virtual node, and not any physical nodes...select the Information Store ONLY on the virtual node, or you will run into this issue.

Thanks,

Craig

Tomislav
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Craig,

maybe I'm wrong but in Exchange 2010 there is no virtual node.

Regards,

Tomislav

JustM
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi everyone,

I also tried to select EX2010 database within SF HA but they all say 0Kb which is scary , i saw that indeed can see the restore information when i try to restore. but having to select the database that says 0Kb doesnt seems right. Backup job on selected 0Kb store has the approximately right size after it finishes...

any thoughts on that?

Best regards

M