Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exchange 2013 server

llv
Level 3

Hello,

I have two Exchange 2013 Std servers.

They are MBX servers clustered with one active and one passive node.

BE agent is installed on one server only. I would like to make a full backup of Exchange databases.

BE management console shows correctly the host to be backed up.

My issue: when creating jobs and selecting items to be selected for backup, no databases appear at all!

Do I need the management console or other Exchange tools to be installed on media server, as it was for Exchange 2010/2007?

Backup Exec media server runs on a Windows Server 2008 R2. Same for Exchange 2013.

I can't find basic requirements for Exch2013 in BE2012 admin guide.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

llv
Level 3

I'll try  both suggestions.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to install Remote Agent on all the nodes for Exchange 2013 and then try to browse the Cluster node for Microsoft Information Store / DAG. This is where you would see the databases.

EDIT: As for the Exchange Management console installation on Media Server - This was and is a requirement for GRT backups. However, at this time GRT is not supported for Exchange 2013, so the installation is not required.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...treat this as you would Exchange 2010. Check the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO73784

Looks like Symantec haven't updated any best practices, requirements or the Admin Guide around Exchange 2013!

THanks!

llv
Level 3

I'll try  both suggestions.

Thanks.

CraigV

...you would ideally mark 1 or both (split solutions if both helped) of the solutions above, not your own as this would accurately indicate which helped you solve your issue.

Thanks!

llv
Level 3

sorry!

First time user.

Bye

llv
Level 3

... both solutions helped.

thanks

CraigV

OK...what you need to do then is unmark your solution, and on each post, hit the Request Split Solution.

This will allocate accordingly.

Thanks!