cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exchange2003 with error 0xa000fe30

Maria_Bagamanov
Level 3
I seem to keep getting the error above whenever a backup of Exchange 2003 Server.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Backup Exec
Event Category: None
Event ID: 34113
Date: 1/27/2006
Time: 11:15:26 p.m.
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER-Backup
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "SERVER-backup") (Job: "Daily Backup") Daily Backup -- The job failed with the following error: A communications failure has occured.

Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 1/28/2006
Time: 1:54:16 p.m.
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER-Exchange
Description:
Faulting application beremote.exe, version 9.1.4691.49, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.1830, fault address 0x00038dc5.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Saturday, January 28, 2006 at 3:38:04 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa000fe30 - A communications failure has occured.

Final error category: Server Errors

Errors
Backup - \\Server-Exchange\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes
The Exchange Server is not responding. Backup set canceled.
Backup - Server-Exchange
A communications failure occured on the backup device

Please, help!
11 REPLIES 11

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
- Is the remote agent or Job engine service stopped when the error occurs?
- Are you backing up mailboxes or the entire info store?
- Try backing up the local drives on the exchange sever and verify presence of error.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Maria_Bagamanov
Level 3
Hello,
We try backing up mailboxes and engine service stopped in the middle of the job. So, we have backup only part of all mailboxes.

Did you mean try backing up some folders on Exchange server from Backup server remotely or backing up some folders locally on Exchange server?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems the problem occurs while backing up mailboxes. By backing up folders on exchange, it means try backup of some other folsers on the Exchange server from the backup server.

Refer to the following technotes to resolve the problem:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/255814
http://support.veritas.com/docs/262333

ALso install SP 4a on the backup server from the link below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/280008

Reinstall all the remote agents after this. Revert if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Maria_Bagamanov
Level 3
Hello,

I have checked up links before.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255814
http://support.veritas.com/docs/262333
There are no M disk on Exchange 2003.
We are using already the option to "Use any available network adapter".

When we noticed this problem, first thing what we did we updated backup server and remote agents. So, we have the latest version of backup (I have checked version all of dll files again).

Also, If it helps, there is error in Exchange server at the same time when backup job fails:
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7031
Description:
The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service.

We will try backup of other folders on the Exchange server from the backup server tonight.Message was edited by:
Maria Bagamanova

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Maria,

I know you stated you were backing up Mailboxes, but are you also backing up the information store?

That is far more important as far as backups go.

Would you consider trying a backup featuring only the Information Store?

Once you know that works, you may consider whether a virus scanner is intercepting the MAPI call due to a particular infected email.

Maria_Bagamanov
Level 3
So, we have successful backup of some folders on Exchange server.
Also, we will try backing up only the Information Store tonight.

Thank you.

Maria_Bagamanov
Level 3
Backup Information Store was successful. But if I will need restore only 1 mailbox I have to restore all mailboxes. In any case, if Backup server can backing up only all Information Store, its OK.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
- The problem remains with the mailbox backups, so please stop any antivirus cans during the backups.

- Check for corrupt attachments or very long attachments in any of the mails.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Maria_Bagamanov
Level 3
Hello,

The problem is Backup server start backing up and then stopped on some mailbox. We had exclude mailbox from backup's job, but on next day Backup job stopped on another mailbox and so on. So, It seem like Backup server can do backup of everything (mailboxes, folders, information store) but server lose connection in the middle of the job.
Unfortunately, we can't stop antivirus software on Exchange server. In any case, if you haven't solution, we can backing up Information Store that OK.

Thank you

Volnei_Caetano
Level 3
Has anyone found a solution for this problem? It seems (not sure) that the problem happened when I updated my Exchange (windows 2003 updates).

Volnei

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Does the backup hang before the services terminate? Does the mailbox backup always hang on the last mailbox?

Enable the following registry key on exchange as well as media server:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238618.htm

Also change this registry value of the key Bypass MBox properties
to �1� . The path is HKey_Local_Machine > Software > VERITAS > Backup Exec > Engine > Exchange >

Ensure that port 10000 is open on both the servers.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.