cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10.0 Symantec Internet Security Pro compatibility issue

IngenioGroup
Level 2
I just installed BE V10.0 for Windows Server after completely removing V9.1 which was working perfectly for the last year. For some unknow reason version 10.0 would not start. After a little troubleshooting I narrowed the problem down to Symantec Internet Security Professional executable, (ccapp.exe). I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem? Is there a know compatibility issue with this app or is there a setting I need to change in Symantec ISP to allow BE 10.0 to run? I find it quite disturbing that the company who will soon own Veritas doesn't have a version of software that's compatible with Vertas products. Am I missing something here? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
Hi,

Which version of Symantec Internet Security Professional are you using?

Thanks & Regards.

IngenioGroup
Level 2
We are using Internet Security Pro 2004. This is the latest version since there is no ISP 2005 out yet. I have solved this problem somehow? After much problem getting the remote agent to install on our XP SP2 machines, I manually installed the remote agents (Veritas needs to communicate the SP2 issue better). During this process I also added the appropriate ports to our firewall according to TechNote 244303. I had previously identifed Symantec ccapp.exe as the conflicting program which prevented BE 10.0 from starting and turned it off during startup via msconfig. After the remote agents were installed and BE 10.0 was configured and working properly, just for grins, I turned ccapp.exe back on via msconfig. Low and behold BE 10.0 now starts with Symantec ISP running. Somehow there must be something preventing BE 10.0 from starting without the ports being "preset". We DID NOT have this issue with BE 9.1, the install and configuration went smooth with the SAME install of Symantec ISP.

Ashwin_Apte
Level 4
Hi,

Currently there are no known issues for Backup Exec Version 10 with Symantec ISP 2004.

For backups to be performed across the network on a Windows XP SP2 system, the XP SP2 firewall has to be configured correctly for Backup Exec to work with it.

For Backup Exec to work with a Windows XP Service Pack 2 System, its necessary to do the changes mentioned in the following Technotes:

URL: http://support.veritas.com/docs/269701
URL: http://support.veritas.com/docs/274793
URL: http://support.veritas.com/docs/275489

Also Port 10000 and atleast 20 other ports need to be opened in the firewall.

- Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.