cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10.0

ken_leong
Level 2
 Having a problem with my Back up Exec 10.0. I recently changed my Network Admin Password that I use to run the back ups at night and now my Backup exec gives me this error message saying the password does not match. I went into the settings and changed the user names password on the back up exec and it will not take. Any suggestions please

Thank you
Ken
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kevin_c
Level 4
 Hi ken,
What OS are you using? Check to see that the SQL instance for backup exec isn't using the admin password as well. Go to services.msc and check the properties of the backup exec sql and change the password if necessary.

kevin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

http://support.veritas.com/docs/267171
How to edit a Backup Exec logon account.

Hope this helps....

p_jean
Level 3
 Hi ken,

Try changing the password to 12 characters or less.

Jean

Hobbs
Level 4
 Ken,
Try changing the passwords in the services snap-on itself.

Start > Run > Services.msc

Locate all the BackupExec Services, Right-Click, Properties, Logon and update the Username and Password. 

Restart each service after you do this. Once this is all take care of try to login to BE again. If it kicks the error back again now go through BE to change the Account.

Ben

kevin_c
Level 4
 Hi ken,
What OS are you using? Check to see that the SQL instance for backup exec isn't using the admin password as well. Go to services.msc and check the properties of the backup exec sql and change the password if necessary.

kevin