cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d - Directory Cluster Quorum\ was not found, or could not be accessed

StuckforaSoluti
Level 2

I'm having trouble backing up the Sytem state of a remote Windows Server 2000 cluster. The final error is as follows:

Directory Cluster Quorum\ was not found, or could not be accessed. None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up. Directory \\SERVERNAME\System?State\Cluster was not found, or could not be accessed. None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up. V-79-57344-33916 - An error occurred retrieving System State files. The System State file could not be backed up.

This is a second cluster on my network.  My first one is still WIndows 2000 and I CAN backup the System State without any problems at all.

My problem seems to point to a configuration issue with this second clustered system.  If it helps its running Exchange 5.5 only.

Before you post replies saying I should upgrade to the latest software etc etc - I can't - I'm prevented from doing that by company policy.

I've already found an article TECH35376 that refers to the issue but says its a group policy problem.  I'm not running AD - its still an NT4 domain.  I have already given the backup exec service account the permissions listed in the article in the local Group Policy for one of the nodes and tried to back up its system state.

I've also re-installed the Backup Exec agent.

The job still fails with exactly the same error.

Can anyone offer any additional insight or possible solutions that I could try ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Reinstalling the RAWS agent wouldn't make a change to your selection list. I'd suggest removing the server nodes from your selection list, and closing it down.

Open it up again, make sure there are no references to your cluster nodes or details relating to that backup, and then reselect those servers. If there are any lingering entries in the text mode, delete them before reselecting the cluster nodes.

Try the backup again, and post the results.

Laters!

StuckforaSoluti
Level 2

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the advice.  I've made the changes to my job and will post a reply once its run (at the weekend)

Mark