cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d - Exchange03 Backup hangs

HWB
Level 2
Hello,

last Week my Problem started, if i want to make a Backup of the single Mailboxes of the Exchange2003 Users the Backup Job hangs at the last entry of my Backup Job.
The Jobs seems to run but it hangs it is not possible to chance it or something, i have to stop all Services and restart them.
I know its not important to save the single Mailboxes if i got a Backup from the InformationStore. But i want to get fast back to single Elements if something happens.

My System Windows 2003 Server, Backup Exec 10d+Exchange Option+OpenFiles, Exchange 2003. Every Software is Patched already and there are no more Paches available.
One thing i changed is the Backup Driver. First i got a LTO1 and now a LTO3.

Hope someone can Help.

Thank You
Best Regards
HWB
3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi HWB,

If you're using AOFO, take it off. Symantec suggest not using it when backing up Exchange.
When you got the new drive, did you run the Backup Exec device driver wizard?

HWB
Level 2
Hello Craig,

thanks for your reply. Yes i turned off the AOFO but same Problem. And i try the Backup to Disk on a NAS and the same Problem, at the last User Mailbox in the last Directory "View" the Jobs hangs and doesnt work anymore. So i think the LTO Drive works fine, the Information Store Job works great.
But the single Mailbox doesnt :(

Thank you
Best Regards
HWB

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Is that account in Exchange associated with a valid user account?