cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d Upgrade

Nermeen
Level 4

Dear All,
             I am asking about the upgrade from Backupexec 10d to 11d...should i buy the 11d version or there is a certain patch for upgrade!!

Incase i will buy the 11d version...what are the contents of the package...is it covering the exchange server backup or there is another package i need to buy. 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Nermeen,

If you don't have too, don't buy BEWS 11D. The reason for that is it will be 3 versions out, and not have a lot of the newer features of say BEWS 12.5, and definitely not BEWS 2010.
If you can, at a minimum, buy Backup Exec 12.5, with an eye to upgrading to Backup Exec 2010 after testing it in your environment.
You will need new licenses. BEWS 12.5 comes with Advanced Open File Option as standard now, and a license to handle a tape drive (either stand-alone, autoloader or library...any additional drives need to be licensed).
All other options for backing up Exchange, SQL etc need to be licensed. BEWS 12.5 also comes with 5 free licenses for the Desktop, Laptop Option for backing up user laptops/desktops to disk.
To upgrade, you will need to do a multi-step upgrade to 11D, and from there to 12.5.
SP3 is the latest, so load that up too.

Hope this helps?

Laters!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Hi Nermeen,

If you don't have too, don't buy BEWS 11D. The reason for that is it will be 3 versions out, and not have a lot of the newer features of say BEWS 12.5, and definitely not BEWS 2010.
If you can, at a minimum, buy Backup Exec 12.5, with an eye to upgrading to Backup Exec 2010 after testing it in your environment.
You will need new licenses. BEWS 12.5 comes with Advanced Open File Option as standard now, and a license to handle a tape drive (either stand-alone, autoloader or library...any additional drives need to be licensed).
All other options for backing up Exchange, SQL etc need to be licensed. BEWS 12.5 also comes with 5 free licenses for the Desktop, Laptop Option for backing up user laptops/desktops to disk.
To upgrade, you will need to do a multi-step upgrade to 11D, and from there to 12.5.
SP3 is the latest, so load that up too.

Hope this helps?

Laters!

Nermeen
Level 4
It helps soo much..many thanks for you

CraigV
Cool dude, if it helps will you mark it as a solution?