cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d, 12, 12.5 Lotus Domino Agent.

spar1GreP_2
Level 3
Hello All,

As many of you will know from using the Lotus Domino Agent one of the fixes that Symantec Support will request you perform when a Lotus Domino Agent based backup fails is to reset the change journal, this invovles ensuring two registry entries (Enable Change Journal and Enable Notes Database Filtering) are set to zero (disabling these features of the Lotus Domino Agent).  The second step is to delete the .UCJ and .LBD files from the log folder on the remote server (%ProgramFiles%\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\log).

Does anybody have any technical information on what these .UCJ and .LBD files are for, I believe the .LBD file is something to do with the keeping track of the Backup Selection List somehow (when the change journal option is not used, the change journal option I believe is used in place of the .LBD file to keep track of when new .NSF files are created in the Lotus Domino Agent path being backed up)?

The reason I ask is because I have noticed that when these files are deleted the next Lotus Domino backup performed (even if it is a incremental type backup) appears to be the same size as a full backup.  I need to confirm that the deletion of these files is the cause of this, therefore if somebody from Symantec could provide some information on what these files do that would be of a great help!

Thanks.

Gary.
1 REPLY 1

spar1GreP_2
Level 3
Wow nearly a whole day and no responses, is that because this information is something that not even Symantec know, only the offshored programmers have any idea? 

Remember back in the day when products came with technical manuals not just screenshots on how to run a Wizard?