Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d 64 bit database can migrate in 32 bit OS

rmohite
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

Is it possiable to migrate the backup exec 64 bit database in 32 bit OS ?

Currently the backup exec is running on 64 bit OS need to move the backup on 32 bit OS

Regards,

Rohan.
7 REPLIES 7

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yes you can do it

rmohite
Level 3
Partner
Hi sazz,

thanks for the reply but can you tell me

what I need to do?

Is it to copy the 64 bit backup exec database & restore it on 32 bit backup exec database?

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Is the Backup Exec software 32-bit OR 64-bit?

Check for the Backup Exec install directory, if it is C:\Program Files(x86)...its 32-bit OR else its 64-bit.

Also check for SQL Express 2005 in the same folder.

As far as my experience goes Backup Exec 11d does not come in 64-bit edition......

rmohite
Level 3
Partner
Hi Dev,

The Backup Exec is 64-bit edition & the install directory path is "C:\Program Files\Symantec" its 64-bit

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As far as my experience goes Backup Exec 11d does not come in 64-bit edition......

Actually v11d was the first version to offer 64-bit media server.  v10d and v10 both offered 64-bit RAWS, but the media server had to be 32-bit

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please follow the below steps if computer name is same:

1> stop the BE services and sql(bkupexec) service
2> take the backup of data and catalog folder
3> on the other server stop all the BE services and slq (bkupexec) services
4> rename already existing data and catalog to data.old and catalog .old. PLEASE DON"T DELETE or replace those folders.
5> Put the data and catalog folder that we copied before
6>start the services.

if you are doing it on the other server with different name then you have to run the osql commands as per the below article
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/318321.htm

teiva-boy
Level 6
You should really just consider sticking with 64bit if the hardware and budget allows.  Microsoft and other OS vendors are going that way, and some features in BE2010 require it, or certain configurations of Exchange require your media server to be 64bit.