cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d 7170

nck90
Level 2
Hi There

Recently i have noticed when i try to do a restore from a mailbox when i go to click on the information store in restore i get the following error "[SYMANTEC][Backup Exec Catalog Driver] ()".

My Backup Exec is fully updated running version "11d 7170". I only recieve this problem when click on previous restore dates but some will allow me to view the information store.

If anyone has any ideas please reply

Thanks

nck90
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
I guess You are trying to restroe from a backup to disk location . The media which contain the Grt backup as to be online to expand the individual selection . For eg if you have backup on removable usb drive you can expand the mailboxes inthe restore selection when the drive is connected if the drive is not connected to the server it does not allow you to expand the Grt selections.

If the backup is on tape you can expand the selection as the catalog is written to the catalogs driectory of backup exec . But when you have Grt backup on disk the catalogs a re not written , they are generated automaticall using the IMG folder ..

Let me know if this answeres your concern

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
I guess You are trying to restroe from a backup to disk location . The media which contain the Grt backup as to be online to expand the individual selection . For eg if you have backup on removable usb drive you can expand the mailboxes inthe restore selection when the drive is connected if the drive is not connected to the server it does not allow you to expand the Grt selections.

If the backup is on tape you can expand the selection as the catalog is written to the catalogs driectory of backup exec . But when you have Grt backup on disk the catalogs a re not written , they are generated automaticall using the IMG folder ..

Let me know if this answeres your concern

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have a look at this page. SP3 looks like it sorts out your issue:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/303202.htm

nck90
Level 2
 Thanks RahulG as i havent got the media plugged in explain why im getting the error

Thanks