cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d - Backup on RDX drives

moejoe
Level 3

hi

we make our backup with BE 11d on RDX drives.

For every backup, a B2D Folder is generated by BE on the drive and also listed in the library.

The problem is, that for a restore operation, the needed B2D Folder is shown, but we cannot see which B2D Folder belongs to what cartridge.

So we have to write down this information for every backup. Thats not effective.

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You should configure the drive as a removable backup to disk folder . So all the cartigges get a unique label assigned and you just have to replace the cartidge in the drive and dont have to create a different backup to disk folder for each drive .

moejoe
Level 3

I have configured the drive as a removable backup disk folder and all cartridges have a unique name, which is also been recogniced when the drive is inserted. So far it's ok.

I dont create these B2D folders. They are created automatic by BE bevore each backup and  have a continous number in their names. When I open the cartridge disk in windows explorer I can find these B2D folders there.

I think thats the way BE works with RDX drives. And thats not the problem. The problem is, that I cannot figure out to which B2D folder what cartridge belongs.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Backup exec maintains a catalog for each b2d file ... When you open a the restore selection list, make the selection in the resource view and then go to the media view to know on which bkf file the backup is . .

Also if you want to restore any data from the b2d file you would need to catalog the media first and the catalog generates the restore selection for you .

moejoe
Level 3

Backup exec maintains a catalog for each b2d file ... When you open a the restore selection list, make the selection in the resource view and then go to the media view to know on which bkf file the backup is . .

Yes, but then I see on which B2D Folder my selected data is.

But I want to know on which cartridge my B2D Folder is.

moejoe
Level 3

my Devices menu in BE looks that way:

removable Backup to Disk Folder

|____ RDX Device

|________Cartridge Number X  <--- this folder is in Format FLDR

|______________ B2D000000xxx   <----- these B2D Folders (in format B2D) are generated by BE and have a new number

after every backup and in these folders the backup is stored. On every cartridge there are several of them.

Nowehere in BE, the link between these B2D0000xxx Folder with the backup and the cartridge name "Cartridge Number X" is stored.

moejoe
Level 3

Can someome help me please?

GINBIN
Level 2

I had the same issue and couldn't get the RDX drive to work. Just ordered the Idealstor Bantam after seeing a web demo from our VAR.  This works just fine with BE.

http://www.idealstor.com/Bantam.php