cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d Issue

DavidPowell
Level 2

Hi all,

I'm running Backup Exec 11d, I've just replaced the tape drive from DLT to Tandberg RDX.

Having problems with allocating the media. Everytime i create a removeable media device it doesn't pickup the RDX cartridge.

Any suggestions would be great?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

I_T_Guy
Level 4

You will require to create only one removable backup to disc folder pointing to the RDX device and run an inventory whenever you change the cartridge. No need to create a new removable B2D every time you change the cartridge.

If you are already following the practice that I mentioned above, when you say that it does not pick up the cartridge, is it giving you any kind of error message ? or is the removable backup to disc folder going offline or disabled ?

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

>> Ensure that the Drive letter does not change

>> Follow the best Practice Method Before removing a Drive.

>> Use Eject from the Rb2d and Attach the new Drive.

>> Check if the new Drive is listed the Disk management.

Regards

Arul

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

As IT_Guy says, RDX should use R-B2D devices and should NOT remove and replace the drive, just eject the media, insert new and inventory

DavidPowell
Level 2

Thanks guys for the reply.

I've got the folder no problem but when the backup goes to run it fails with no media online/appendable.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

When you initiate the backup job do you see the folder online ?

If the folder is online then configure backup job to overwrite.

Post back results.

DavidPowell
Level 2

Yeah backup folder in online.

However still failing.

Results.

Insufficient online or nearline media is available to start job.

There is no media online or nearline that can be overwritten or the job has been marked append/terminate.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I guess you are triggering Test Run of the job, I would suggest you to initiate the backup instead of test run

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

After inserting a disk and inventorying, does the volume show as Blue (Overwriteable)  or Black (Protected)

Does the job overwrite or append?

If Overwrite see #1

if Append, does the disc belong the the correct media set, and is it still within the APP?