cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d Linux Agent for 64 bit and pre-processing hangs

IT2
Not applicable
Hello-

I've looked for a solution other places, but to no avail. I am running RHEL 4 64 bit and using Backup Exec 11d SP2. I cannot seem to get a backup job to run against the RHEL machine. The agent is running and I do not have the open file option running for this backup job. The agent is the correct version and appears to be working properly.

I've looked at multiple posts for a solution, but there doesn't seem to be one. I've reinstalled the agent and enabled the random ports, thinking it may be an issue with the ndmp, but to no avail.

I've even gone through the effort of rebuilding the machine from scratch and re-creating all the backup jobs, but it's no use, the jobs never process.

This seems to be a recurring issue with Backup exec, based on the amount of postings I've seen. Is there some work-around or solution that I haven't seen yet?

any help is appreciated at this point. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

samd26
Level 3
I had the same problem when I had a specific subnet specified under Network and Security for a job. When I changed the job to use any available subnet, it started working.

Message Edited by samd26 on 01-16-2008 03:32 PM