cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d SP3 and exchange restores

W_Grace
Not applicable
For 3 Days I have been trying to do a restore of 2 years worth of email for 1 user.

Each time Backup Exec crashes, each time I view the logs follow the directions, and each time it crashes.

Now I understand Backup Exec does not do 100% backups, never has never will, I have always been able to get around all the backup exec problems by using other Backup methods as well.

I create the recovery group, I don't mount it, I select the user I need to restore, I select go, Backup exec starts to do its stuff, then

Bang.

Job ended: 15 January 2010 at 19:33:01
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

Job ended: 15 January 2010 at 20:53:16
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

Error category    : Job ErrorsError             : e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33241

Job ended: 16 January 2010 at 21:28:43

Error category    : Job ErrorsError             : e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33241

Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65072

A selection of Errors.

Now I understand Symantec not being perfect, and thats why generally two backup methods must be used, but I never expected to have to employ a second method for Emails!
1 REPLY 1

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

We are facing some credential issues:

For exchange backups and restores we require following rights for the Backup Exec Service Account.
1  : Unique name (first 5 letters)
2  : Mailbox Enabled account
3  : Not hidden from the Global Address list
4  : Send as Receive as permissions
5  : Exchange Full Admin
6  : Domain Admin and Local Admin for Exchange if Exchange is not a Domain Controller.

Hope this helps...