cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d Very Slow Performance

Stricki
Not applicable

We have been getting very poor performance when backing up one of our servers in the last month or so.  This server is our Domain controller and also runs Backup Exec services.  

We are seeing Job rates of 400-800 Mb/min on our other servers but on this server the job rate is a horrible 90 Mb/min.  It will appear to hang for a very long time on different files all of which when examined are very small.  For example: this morning it is hanging on "agtintl.dll" , and when i look at the file size it is 25KB.  Other mornings when i look at it it may ba a different file, but ALWAYS on the same server, on the same partition (c drive) and always a really small file.

I have defrag'ed the partiton with Diskeeper and kept the auto defrag running for a month (trial period) with no noticable results.  I have changed the selection to exclude some of the files it has hung on in the past, but it always seems to find a different file to hang up on.

When the problem started, Backup exec was reinstalled and fully patched with no change in performance.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Try to copy some data from one folder to another .

Check if there is any conflict with antiviurs scan.

If you have many small files the backup might be slow, Try to isolate and find if the file belong to any specific application , or any specific folder .

refer http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH8326