cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d error

Chris_T_fer
Level 2

Fairly new to using BackupExec for 2003 SBS server.....

The backup seems to finish but at the end I get this error:

Backup- H: data
Unable to attach to J:.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and ...

"H:" is my main data drive that I'm attemptiong to backup.  It appears to be looking for "J:" but my problem is that there is no "J:" drive or resource on the server that I can find and its not in the selections for backing up.  Other times it comes up as "I:" as well.   Where are these phantom drives coming from ?!

This has been happening fairly regularly. Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If you edit hte selection list and choose "Text View" does everything look right?

Have you tried a BEUTIL  Database Repair?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If you edit hte selection list and choose "Text View" does everything look right?

Have you tried a BEUTIL  Database Repair?

Chris_T_fer
Level 2

Hi there, thanks for your help, I hadn't looked there before (yes I'm new to BE)... I ended up finding the problem.  When the backup was first set up, there must have been an extra USB key or external drive connected and selected as part of the backup.  when the backup would run, it wouldn't find it and then it would fail because it wasn't connected.  Then I had the problem of trying to remove it from the backup selections but couldn't as it wasn't showing up in the resources list.  So I connected a flash drive, named it "I:" then I was able to remove it from the backup selections.  Now I just have to wait and see if it runs now...

Thanks for your post !

Chris

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Meant to add that if you can see something in Text View, then if you delete from there, it will be gone for good as far as BackupExec is concerned
Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 01-14-2009 01:31 PM