cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d, exchange 2003 GRT backup to disk error

sqlcoder
Level 3
Hi,

I had a job for full backup exchange 2003 information store to disk GRT, it was working ok, but suddenly started loggin the following message:

Error category : Security Errors
Error : e0008488 - Access is denied.

Have searched the docs but no one seems to be the same to my case, error occurs almost at the end of the backup when it is finishing veryfying.

Any help is appreciated .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sqlcoder
Level 3
Following this KB:http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/266075.htm,  I changed the user credentials to a new user I created on the resource with local admin priviledges and now works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sqlcoder
Level 3
Forgot to add the error log:

V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory Mailbox Store (EXSERVER) and its subdirectories.
V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory Public Folder Store (EXSERVER) and its subdirectories.
Backup completed on 1/7/2010 at 4:39:05 PM.
Backup Set Summary
Backed up 2 Exchange Server stores
Backed up 4 Exchange Server logs
2 items were skipped.
Processed 47,746,530,872 bytes in  46 minutes and  24 seconds.
Throughput rate: 981 MB/min
Software compression ratio: 1.2:1

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
normally if the problem is happening at the end of the backup that is during the GRT part of the backup were it is building the catalogs by going through the database.  Have any changed been made to the backup location recently? i.e. the drive was compressed?  Also check to make sure that the mailbox associated with the backup account has not been hidden from the global address list in Exchange.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

This KB will be very helpful for you:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/305383
Exchange Agent backup/restore: How to troubleshoot the error message "Access is denied" in Backup Exec for Windows Servers

sqlcoder
Level 3
Hi Ben,

The error it seems that started curiously on dic 19, and I noticed that day exchange box installed some updates, hot fixes and security patchs.

No changes have been made to  backup location and the drive is not compressed.

I can "see" the administrador account on the global address list when sending a new message from outlook.

I double checked the user credentials and tested it to returns all is ok.

Database size is around 50GB but exchange limit is set to 75Gb, I don't thinkd this could be the issue neither.

sqlcoder
Level 3
Hello Dev T,

Already checked those links,  none seems to apply to this case.

Thanks,

sqlcoder
Level 3
I did reinstall the agent, restarted both storage server and exchange box. Always faills almost at the end of verify process.

Please help.

sqlcoder
Level 3
Following this KB:http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/266075.htm,  I changed the user credentials to a new user I created on the resource with local admin priviledges and now works.