Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d network connection issues

kennyb
Level 5
Hello all,

I am having an issue with BE 11d. 

We have a full weekend that runs and it needs 2 tapes. After the first of the job part runs over the weekend (Sat into Sunday), I come in Monday morning and put another tape in to finish since the job asks for media and it would usually finish.

This used to work fine, but lately I've been getting errors stating "The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.
Final error category: Resource Errors"

This error happens about 1-2 minutes after loading the media, then the job fails and it ejects the tape. 

Could it be the remote agent timing out on the destination server?

These servers are all the in the same domain.

Is there a way to have a job span across 2 tape drives automatically, if the first tape fills up, switch to the second drive?

thanks.
Ken

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You need to check the Job log on which server the remote agent is Timing out . First check on the media server if the rmeote agent  servcie is running or not . If the agent as crashed on the remote server you can find that fromt he job log . 
You can created casaded drive pool so you job can span to two drives but need to make sure the drive model is excatly the same .
Try runnign the Live update and install the remote agents on the remote servers

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Can you upload event logs of remote and media servers?