cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.0 SAN SSO option: Where do I start?

dsr2010
Not applicable
Greetings. We have a spare  Equallogic iSCSI SAN and would like to implement it for Backups. We acquired the SAN SSO and CASO options from our sales rep as trials, and would like to get everything to work properly. Our sales rep was unable to get us a free support incident, and symantec will not help us out because we don't "own" the license key. I am looking through documentation and the knowledgebase but cannot figure out how to set this up. Could someone please help out? We currently have 3 Backup exec Servers under the CASO option, and added in the SAN SSO option, but don't know where to go from there. I have run BEUtility to make the 'SAN' server the primary. How do I connect the SAN so it shows up in Backup Exec?  Anyone have a step-by-step for this? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Go through the HCL for BE 12.0. It doesn't appear that iSCSI device is supported in the iSCSI Shared Storage Option:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/294294.pdf

Neither for 12.5 (I could be wrong here!)...

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/306831.pdf

It also doesn't mean it WON'T work, but it is something you will need to look at. I would suggest getting hold of the Admin guide for your version, and then go through that. That would give you some insight.
If the iSCSI Shared Storage Option is the same as SAN SSO, you're looking at sharing that iSCSI device amongst multiple servers.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Go through the HCL for BE 12.0. It doesn't appear that iSCSI device is supported in the iSCSI Shared Storage Option:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/294294.pdf

Neither for 12.5 (I could be wrong here!)...

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/306831.pdf

It also doesn't mean it WON'T work, but it is something you will need to look at. I would suggest getting hold of the Admin guide for your version, and then go through that. That would give you some insight.
If the iSCSI Shared Storage Option is the same as SAN SSO, you're looking at sharing that iSCSI device amongst multiple servers.

Cheers!