cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Backup to Disk on NAS

Bob_Newlin
Level 4

I have a 6TB network attached drive that I would like to use to receive backups.  I try to attach as \\network addres\share. (I can attach this way.) When I try to make it a backup device, I get "access denied." I don't want the device on the internet without a user and password, but what user and password would I use since BackUpExec is a service?  How else would I attach?

Thanks, Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should add the BESA to the NAS device, with full read/write rights.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should add the BESA to the NAS device, with full read/write rights.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...and also check the BE 12.5 HCL to make sure your NAS is supported. If it isn't listed, it's going to be a hard slog to get it working...not to say it won't.

Also, Symantec would say it is an unsupported configuration if you logged a call around it.

If your NAS isn't on the list, consider upgrading to BE 2010 R3...I had a similar problem with the Iomega NAS's we had...BE 2010 R3 has ensured I can use them as B2D targets. the link to the HCL is below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION/62...

Bob_Newlin
Level 4

What no one told me was that the Username and password on the network attached storage could only be the same as the master login for BkUpExec.  I was trying to use the default login that i use when connecting to the servers.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...@pkh suggested this to you with the first post :)