cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Error: V-79-57344-766 - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again.

lokiju
Level 3
Out of the blue I started getting the error message "V-79-57344-766 - Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials. Review the resource credentia..."

It's a job that's always worked for the past year plus with no issues.

All that is selected in the job is the information store db's, nothing else.

I can see the DB's when I look at the job set up.

When I test the resource creds everything passes.

If I change it to go to disk, it completes in testing but I cannot restore from it and I need it to go to tape like it's been this whole time.

Things I can think of that might somehow play a factor, the service account that I use for backup exec (that has domain admin rights) had it's password recently changed. Everything was backing up without issue for 3 weeks after changing the password but this issue started specifically after failing over our Exchange mailbox server to the failover box, which is something we've done many many times over the past year plus with no issues, but this error started up as soon as we did the fail over this last time, which was the first time since changing the backup exec service account password.

We tried failing back over to the other mailbox server that it was working on but it didn't change the issue/error.

Nothing else beyond doing the Exchange MB failover was done on the Exchange side.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

lokiju
Level 3
Anyone?

Dawson64
Not applicable
We just resolved a similar problem...  Our problem started after applying some windows updates.

First we made sure the backup user had rights and had an exchange mailbox.  Then we made sure it was a member of:
Administrators
Backup Operators
Domain Admins (make sure set to primary group)
Exchange Domain Servers
Exchange Enterprise Servers
Exchange Organization Administrators
Exchange Recipient Administrators
Exchange View-Only Administrators

Performed host file changes as outlined here to the backup and mail server (not sure this is needed though): http://support.veritas.com/docs/323880
Applied hot fix for exchange cluster  http://support.veritas.com/docs/337202

I hope this helps!

saucemann2
Not applicable
The fix for me was a new user account with the appropriate rights.