cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Keeps ejecting Tapes??

influenceuk
Level 2

Morning Everyone!
Right where to start?! I am pretty new to this Symantec product so all help and advice is much appreciated. A client of mine is using Backup Exec 12.5 and for some reason it keeps ejecting the tapes and the back-ups are failing all the time.
I belive it has all been setup correctly as it was working fine. I have googled this issue and found a few articles which have mentioned the tapes maybe full thus causing this issue. I spoke to a colleague who advised that the tapes should not be full as the system is set to overwrite the data.

The current tapes they have are 1 tape for each day, Monday to Friday so 5 tapes in total. And these are switched out daily. I have looked at the alerts, and have noticed it says something like insert overwriteable media. i dont have access to the server atm, so i can't get the exact alerts.

Thanks in advance,
Alan
3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Your job is set to overwrite the media and you don't have any tape that can be overwritten. Please put some tapes in the scratch media and it should start writing.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The tapes will belong to a media set.  Under the Media tab, right-click on the media set that contains the tape.  Change the Overwrite Protection Period to 4 days and the jobs should run o.k.

influenceuk
Level 2

ok thanks for your replies, i will take a look at your suggestions :)

Thank you once again.
Regards,
Alan