cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 and AOFO

Nazier_Nagdee
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hello all, I am new to this forum but have been a BE admin for a number of years now.

Apologies if this has already been asked but I've had a quick scan and was unable to find any posts relating my query.

I upgraded our existing BE from version 12 to 12.5 around 4 months ago, have had no major problems with backups up til now, Recently the system is reporting errors when attempting to backup remote servers.  The job completes sucessfully but the following error is listed on the Job log. 
"V-79-57344-34110 - Note: Resource: "servername.domain" is not snappable. Attempting to back up directly from the source volume"

This error is listed for all servers that are part of the backup job, searching through a number of different forums seems to suggest that this may be caused by AOFO not working as it should. However BE is reporting that AOFO is installed correctly, The AOFO service is installed and is confimed by BE using Help>About>Licence Information. the installer program also lists it as being installed as I have re-installed the application and also carried out a repair without any joy. When running the AOFO wizard the system is reporting "The Advanced Open File Option software does not appeat to be installed correctly on \\servername". The servername that is listed is the Backup Exec server.

Would welcome any ideas as to where to go from here,

Regards

Naz

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Start by repairing your installation of Backup Exec, and see if this clears up the issue with RAWS. We've had this problem before, and I had reinstalled the agents by browsing to the installation directory.