cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 and Server 2008 R2

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I am attempting to backup two Server 2008 R2 servers. However I keep receiving the following error when attempting to backup those servers.

Job ended: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 11:07:40 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fec9 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65225

I have chekced the additional information and it does not apply. The Volume Shadow Copy Services are set to manual already and the VSSWriter shows no errors. I also tried disabled Advanced Open File but that had no effect on the outcome. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the additional error messages:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- ECSFILE01V-79-57344-65225 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.

V-79-57344-65225 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.

Backup- \\ECSFILE01\Shadow?Copy?Components V-79-57344-65225 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot provider error (0xE000FEC9): A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Backup- ECSFILE02V-79-57344-65225 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.

V-79-57344-65225 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.

Backup- \\ECSFILE02\Shadow?Copy?Components V-79-57344-65225 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot provider error (0xE000FEC9): A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mung1542
Not applicable

For those of you who have been posting with this error:

I was having the same problem, until I assigned the 100MB System Reserved partition an actual drive letter.  The backup jobs run successfully now.  I have two other 2008 R2 x64 servers out in the field running 12.5 with no problems at all.  I'm not sure why this was failing on one but not the others.  I plan on configuring my other servers this way until Symantec comes out with an actual fix for this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Please check the following document http://support.veritas.com/docs/324303 ..Its not supported as if now may be it would be supported in the next bukid or some hotfix will be release for the same

AndyOsborn
Level 2
Hi

I am getting the same error as the above user backing up or AD information from a DC.  I've gone through the various fixes but it still doesn't work. 

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

Thanks

Andy

Christopher_Sor
Level 3

I am getting the same error with a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit and looking for a fix from Symantec.

Any solutions yet?
Chris

ahall
Level 3
It helps to assign the 100mb "System Reserverd" partition to a drive letter in computer management.

KJavheri
Level 4
Employee
Please refer to this link: http://support.veritas.com/docs/331998

Install the hotfix on backup exec server and then push out or manually install the agent..

Thanks

Mung1542
Not applicable

For those of you who have been posting with this error:

I was having the same problem, until I assigned the 100MB System Reserved partition an actual drive letter.  The backup jobs run successfully now.  I have two other 2008 R2 x64 servers out in the field running 12.5 with no problems at all.  I'm not sure why this was failing on one but not the others.  I plan on configuring my other servers this way until Symantec comes out with an actual fix for this.