cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 schedule automatic Liveupdate not finding any updates

docwwilly
Level 2
Partner
I have a customer who has tried to run Backup Exec 12.5 schedule automatic Live Update but it does not find any updates.

If he however runs the manual Live Update it finds new updates which he can download and install.

He has tried the Live  Update on 4 different servers and gets the same problem each time.

He has to run LiveUpdate manually in order to install service packs and hotfixes, the scheduled automatic LiveUpdate is still not working as it should. Below is a sample session.

10/23/2009, 13:40:01 GMT -> LiveUpdate did not find any new updates for the given products.

10/23/2009, 13:40:01 GMT -> EVENT - SESSION END SUCCESSFUL EVENT - The LiveUpdate session ran in Silent Mode. LiveUpdate found 0 updates available, of which 0 were installed and 0 failed to install.  The LiveUpdate session exited with a return code of 100, LiveUpdate ran successfully.  There are no new updates to your products.

10/23/2009, 13:40:01 GMT -> Unable to find the property 'PREFERENCES\MAX_PACKAGE_SIZE' in settings file; using default: 734003200.

10/23/2009, 13:40:02 GMT -> ***********************           End of LU Session           *********************

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
When you are running scheduled LiveUpdates - are you creating the schedule from inside the Backup Exec settings - or are you expecting your schedule for SEP or SAV to also update Backup Exec?

Also when you say running it manually works, are you running it manually from within the Backup Exec Console, or by running LUALL.EXE directly?

docwwilly
Level 2
Partner
Thanks Colin for your quick response.

I checked with the customer and he says that the automatic LiveUpdate was scheduled from inside Backup Exec to download and apply any updates or hotfixes to Backup Exec only.

The manual liveupdate, which works, was run from the Backup Exec help menu.

you can also contact me at:

wayne.williams@trustworthysystems.com

Thanks again.