cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 Exchange restore redirect

Hermann2009
Level 4

Dear all,
we have a Backeupexec 12 Server and an Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server with Backup Exec Agent.
I want to restore an Exchange Store into the Recovery Storage Group.
I did like the following documentation:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/264815.htm

the result is the following error, no restore was done

#####
Restore- \\Exchangeserver\Microsoft Information Store\exm_store
V-79-57344-65033 - '\\exchangeserver\temp'is not a valid path on the Exchange Server for the temporary storage of log and patch files. Enter a valid path, and then run the job again.

Note: Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the directory that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.Edit Selection List...
To enter a path, click Restore, and then click Microsoft Exchange.
Connection to the restore target has been lost.  Operation canceled.
######

i tried to use a local temp folder on the backup server, the same error

######
Restore- \\Exchangeserver\Microsoft Information Store\EXM-01_VIE_internal
V-79-57344-65033 - 'V:\restore'is not a valid path on the Exchange Server for the temporary storage of log and patch files. Enter a valid path, and then run the job again.

Note: Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the directory that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.Edit Selection List...
To enter a path, click Restore, and then click Microsoft Exchange.
Connection to the restore target has been lost.  Operation canceled.
######

Any idea whats wrong?
can you give me a decumentation to restore an exchange store into the RSG successful?

1 REPLY 1

Hermann2009
Level 4
best practice: make a tape to disk duplication of the backup set.
take care only exchange storage groups could be duplicated.
restore single item with the exchange Restore Storage Group and exmerge or direct with ontrac powercontrol