cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 + Qlikview

zibin80
Not applicable

Dear Experts

I am new to backup exec and my company is using version 12. We are running backup exec to backup Qlikview data.

But ever since we started with the backup on Qlikview, we have been experiencing issue whereby the backup will failed on a regular basis.

My colleague who is in charge of the backup keep saying that a "special agent" is needed to run the backup on Qlikview.

But to my knowledge and some research on the internet, there isn't such a thing which he is referring to?

Therefore, I seek your kind assistance in educating and also sharing your expert advise with me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you running BE 12 or BE 2012?  These are different versions of BE.

There is no version of BE which support Qlikview.  However, if it uses things like SQL Server  or Oracle databases, then you can get a BE agent to backup these databases.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you running BE 12 or BE 2012?  These are different versions of BE.

There is no version of BE which support Qlikview.  However, if it uses things like SQL Server  or Oracle databases, then you can get a BE agent to backup these databases.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Upon reading up a bit on Qlikview, it seems to be using no specific DB as such and stores its data in a flat-file (QVW format).

So there should be no need to use a DB agent such as Agent for SQL or Agent for Oracle. What error do you receive ?

Is the Advanced Open File option enabled ? Better still, are you backing up the Qlikview data with the application's services stopped ?