cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 admin console date display format

Mike_Oakley
Level 3
We have just started updating some BE 10d & 11d servers to 12.  This is all going pretty well, except that BE 12 appears to always want to display dates in the Admin Console in US format regardless of the locale settings that are in force.  This appears to be the problem described in Document 300252.  Unfortunately the workaround described there - which is to change the locale back to US and change the date display format within the US locale settings to your local requirements - is no use to us as the main applications on these servers require in many cases that the locale is set to the proper one that you require to use. 

Does anyone have a better work-around please? 

Document 300252 goes on to say that no fix for this issue is planned.  That seems pretty reprehensible to me, unless Symantec are planning to market this product only in North America in future.

What is the best way to get Symantec to reconsider this position and to provide a fix?
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Complaining here is  a start, but posting to the Enhancements area will probably be seen by manangement faster

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Mike Oakley wrote:
Document 300252 goes on to say that no fix for this issue is planned.  That seems pretty reprehensible to me, unless Symantec are planning to market this product only in North America in future.

300252 currently says, "This issue is currently under investigation by Symantec Corporation. Pending the outcome of the investigation, this issue may be resolved by way of a patch or hotfix in current or future revisions of the software. However, this particular issue is not currently scheduled for any release."

I.e. it might get hotfixed. (or it might not).

Hammamet
Level 3
Partner
Someone on another forum sent me this link:  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/300252.htm

However, I've tried it and it doesn't work.  Customising the American English short date format still doesn't change the date format in the application even though it's been accepted in Regional Settings.  Maybe, you will have better luck.

Custom_Networks
Level 2
Hello Ken,
Have tried posting to enhancements, message gets rejected with authentication failure!
Perhaps the enhancement section needs enhancing.

Regards
Jim Nicholls
Custom networks Limited

Shane_Vincent
Level 4
Should now be fixed with latest hotfix 300289, I am trying tonight and will let you know the result...

SV

Shane_Vincent
Level 4
Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

All good, installed via LiveUpdate, haven't restarted yet but opened BE12 console and dates are correct again!!