cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 jobs in "Queued" status

lwhite08
Level 2

We have been having this issues for about a week now with our backup jobs hitting a queued status. I have tried the following:

Shutting down the library, then the server.
Starting the library waiting for IDLE then starting the server. This did not work.

Restarting Backup Exec Services. This did not work either.

One thing i did notice is that the Robotic Library seems to always be saying "In Use". I do not know if this is causing an issue but thought it might help. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Munir2Fast
Level 5
Certified

Hi,

Please check if there is a tape stuck in the tape drive as its a typical behavior when there is a tape stuck in the tape drive of the library.

Go to devices -> right click on the server name -> pause / unpause the server.

Check for any pending alerts & respond to the same.

If its windows 2003 OS then disable 'removable storage service'

Shut down the server, then the library & boot up the library 1st then the server.

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

before reboot the library, chek if a tape is stuck in the drive. rebooting the library with a tape  in the drive can cause issues

lwhite08
Level 2

Thank you for the response i will give those a try and let you know the outcome.

lwhite08
Level 2

When you say disable "removable storage device" what and where exactly do you mean for this to be done?

Munir2Fast
Level 5
Certified

Go to services in windows 2003, there is a removable storage service, disable that..

lwhite08
Level 2

Thanks for the information again.

Munir2Fast
Level 5
Certified

Any update on this issue?

Mohamed_Amr
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Dears,

Can anyone advise why "If its windows 2003 OS then disable 'removable storage service" ?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Windows server 2008 is not having Removable Storage Service. Removable Storage Service is part of the earlier OS versions of microsoft. It is responsible for handling removable media connected to the server. If it is enabled it will be taking control of the tape devices connected to the server and BE will not be having any control among them. That's why it is recommended to stop and disable RSM.