cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 x64 services will not stop

Zack_2
Level 3
I have Backup Exec 12 x64 with SP2 installed. I tried to recently install a SQL agent, and also hotfixes, but they always fail because the Backup Exec services will not stop. I tried manually stopping them before installing the hotfix, and also killing the processes through task manager and they continue to restart! I checked the settings on the services and they are all set to "Take No Action" on failure, so there is no conceivable reason why these services exhibit this behavior. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

Try setting the BE services to start manually so they don't start on re-boot, reboot, and then run live update directly from this directory:

C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LUALL.EXE

At least it will update, and hopefully the updates will fix your problems.

Zack_2
Level 3

I tried setting all the services to Manual and stopping them and killing them and they kept restarting. This is not normal behavior is it?

I will have to wait until later today to reboot since this server is also the file server and is in produciton.

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

Based on what you are saying above, it is not enough to just try to stop them and then set them to manual. They may still be running if they hang while stopping, or have files that are still locked.

You will need to reboot and then run LU.