cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 14 copy to copy tape

M34Gattaca
Level 2

Hi,

We usually have two tapes, which have the same backup as an archive. One that's kept local, and one that's sent away for archiving.

Unfortunately, our local one was wiped (didn't have the write-protection closed on the tape)

Is there anyway that I can use the off-site backup to do a complete duplicate to another tape, so we have two copies again? I couldn't see a way. I have multiple tape libraries available. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You need two tape drives connected (or two drives in a single library) and you also duplicate Backup Sets Not individual tapes - so if you have more than one set on a tape you will need more than one duplicate job.

To create the duplicate you need to be starting with list of sets

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Create a duplicate job to duplicate the tape from one tape library to the other library

Thanks for the reply PKH.

How do I go about creating a duplicate job to duplicate from one tape to another? I couldn't see a way of doing this?

Thanks

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You need two tape drives connected (or two drives in a single library) and you also duplicate Backup Sets Not individual tapes - so if you have more than one set on a tape you will need more than one duplicate job.

To create the duplicate you need to be starting with list of sets

Ah, perfect. Found it! 

Thanks for the quick response both! Appreciate it!