cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup Exec 15 Agents / DB / Exchange help

downsouth
Level 4

So I have my BE15 Server and agents installed. Trying to setup backup to exchagne server. Two things in the pictures below you can see I have the agents on the BE server (be15lic2) and I pushed the WIN agent to the Excange server. Why is the Licensing showing not licensed (be15lic) on the BE server for DB and Hyper V? Again boith screen shots are from the BE15 server not Excage server. I just need the "DB agent" to be ready for excange backup. any thoughts or links to help me understand would be appreciated. If i'm wording it wrong forgive me.. 

be15lic2.JPGbe15lic.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is because both agents are not installed.  You need to install the licences for these agents before they can be used.

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is only one physical remote agent to install on the remote server.  Installing a licence on the BE Server will unlock the specific capability of the physical remote agent.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is because both agents are not installed.  You need to install the licences for these agents before they can be used.

So this is on the BE 15 server .. I install all SLA keys here. Then when I push the agent to say an exchange server it only allows me to push the WINS agent, I then believe it is "agent" aware to know that hey.. you have Exchange running on your server (where I ushed the WINS agent) so I see you have a DB agent on BE server .. to cover this .. not hey, your running excahnge now push the DB agent to the exchagne server... Correct?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is only one physical remote agent to install on the remote server.  Installing a licence on the BE Server will unlock the specific capability of the physical remote agent.

thanks .. but my problem is I cannot see the inofrmation stores to backup .. I was fine under 12.5 using the same account so all my AD seetings should be fine. I'm stumped.. I have Licenses for DB (see above) but I cannot pick it in the list. it is greyed out.dagex.JPG

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you actually have a DAG, or are your mailbox databases stand alone - if stand alone then you just add the Exchnage Server as a windows server and then select th Exchange resouces from that server.

If it is a DAG then every node in the DAG needs the Agent for Windows installing on them (and publishing confirmed as working from all nodes) and the BE server itself needs the Agent for Applications and Databases license (Or a Capacity License of some kind)

I have local DB storage and an ISCSI DB connection (Exchange 2007 sp3). Not sure why I cannot see them. Again using the same account I was susing with 12.5 which worked fine. All the drive etters and sysytem state show up but no Information Stores to backup show up. I've purchased WINS and DB licenses to cover exchange server. If you go back tot he top you will see I have tem installed on my BE server and pushed the WINS agent to the exchange server and aonter to the ISCIS server .... Veritas wont help becasue it is 2015 version .. 

Got it .. my issue was that it kept showing me that I didn't have a license for DB and Hyper v even though ii did. (see above). well after choosing "intstall licenses local to server" I had to CHOOSE the DB and HYper V license to install.. Now they show up and my Infomation stores show up. Man this was crazy. Sho jsut because you install the SLA on your BE server doesn;t mean they are installed there. My bad ..