cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 - Exchange 2016 CU7 Backup Fails

Aeiro
Level 1

We are using the Backup Exec 15 with FP5 and all Hotfixes installed and want to Backup our Exchange 2016 in GRT Mode.
However after the Job is finished only the option for restoring Files, folders, or Volumes is avaible.
Trying to Backup the DAG itself fails with the Error "Backup Exec cannot find a copy of the Exchange database. Check your backup selections and ensure that a healthy database copy exists on the server, and then run the job again."

The current Setup on Exchange 2010 works fine though and individual Message Box items can be resotred.
Do we have to upgrade to Backup Exec 16 or is there another workaround?

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 16 only support up till CU6, so you would have to wait a while. Any support for CU7 would probably be for only BE 16 and not BE 16.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Looks like CU7 support comes in Veritas Backup Exec (Build 20.0) - I doubt it will be supported in BE  16.

BE (v20.0) is available but not as an upgrade from existing versions and not as a trialware download - so you would probably have to contact our Sales Origanization in order to install it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Hi Colin,

I need a solution to backup Exchange 2016 CU7. We use BE 2016. Could you please provide me with an info which exact version of BE supports that? BE (v20.) says me... nothing, and I couldn't find anything about that.

So which version should I ask for?

thx in advance,

erik

Colin_Weaver

Since my last update it appears that the BE 16 SCL has actually been updated to state that Exchange 2016 CU7 is supported

However it mentions a required Backup Exec update level that would have been available when we were looking around 15/16th November.

A such I suspect we may have a small error in the SCL where we have added support but it should state Backup Exec 16 FP2 with Hotfix 128051.     (which we released after my last post)

I am in the process of checking this so please bear with me

As BE 16 is still under engineering support and BE 15 is not - do not expect BE 15 to get a similar patch.

Hi @Colin_Weaver

You can tell me, when BE16 will be compatible with exchange 16 CU7 ?

All the best.

Colin_Weaver

I still awaiting an answer over the current SCL content as their is a mismatch of information, between release notes for BE 16 FP2, what was seen when the SCL was checked in mid November and what is seen now.

I will post on this thread when I get a confirmed answer (and hopefully any release note documents for affected HFs or FPs will also be updated depending on the answer.)

Sorry @Colin_Weaver but i dont understand. I have a problem with my BE 16 and EXCHANGE 16 CU7 where i check the credentials for access my exchange and received an error. The veritas technician says that the error is because BE 16 not support with CU7. (Software Compatibility List).

My question is: BE 16 have support for Exchange 16 CU7 or not?
This information is wrong? https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/BE_16_SCL

All the best,

Colin_Weaver

I have already said that there may be an issue with the documentation that I await clarification against - I have been advised that BE 16 with FP2 and HF  128051 may be needed for CU7 support - but the SCL appears to state something different. I also know that prior to November 15th that we did not claim to support CU7 at all - against these points I am awaiting further information

For the time being if you have BE 16 + FP2 + HF128051 (and have patched the remote on the Exchange servers since updating the BE server) and are still having problems, then did you create your backup jobs before applying CU7 to Exchange and if you did can you try completely deleting and recreating the backup job itself to see if that makes a difference.

Note: For anyone on a lower version than BE 16 do not expect us to support the latest Exchange updates.