cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 Feature Pack 4 upgrade issue.

airport_guy
Level 2

I am trying to install Backup Exec 15 Feature Pack 4 (I have Capacity License).  I downloaded the DVD from the Veritas Licensing Portal (Backup_Exec_15_14.2_FP4_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip), extracted the ISO and mounted the DVD.  When I try to install the product, Backup Exec only gives me the option for Additional Options, Repair, and Remove.  The version I have installed is 14.2.1180.2113.  The version on the DVD.txt is:

BE=14.2.1180.2621               
RALUS=14.2.1180.2621            
PDDE=DD_7.0.7.1_20160126 

I went ahead with the Additional Options.  Backup Exec went through the installation, but at the end, it said FP3.  

What gives?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup_Exec_15_14.2_FP4_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip - This is NOT FP4. This is the complete Backup Exec 15 installer embedded with FP4. So, which is why you got the option to repair/remove since the complete product installer was used.

Download FP4 from this link instead - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000097855

PS. - Feature Packs are never available on the Licensing Portal. They are available either via LiveUpdate or via the separate download links. The Licensing Portal always contains the complete product installer slipstreamed with the latest update.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup_Exec_15_14.2_FP4_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip - This is NOT FP4. This is the complete Backup Exec 15 installer embedded with FP4. So, which is why you got the option to repair/remove since the complete product installer was used.

Download FP4 from this link instead - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000097855

PS. - Feature Packs are never available on the Licensing Portal. They are available either via LiveUpdate or via the separate download links. The Licensing Portal always contains the complete product installer slipstreamed with the latest update.

airport_guy
Level 2

Thanks!  That worked.  All up to date.