snuecllv
Level 2

Hello 

First some info

BE Server OS: Server 2016

Target OS: ubuntu 14.04 server 

Backup Exec: 15

Ubuntu admin account: admin

This clean working test system for testing the Backup Exec Linux Agent before i add to my primary server

Problem:

When i am creating a backup job on the BE server for the Ubuntu server i can browse some directories but not others. However if i log into my Ubuntu Server using the same credential as added to the backup job, i can browser those directories and write to them.

Example:

I have a mounted volume located at  /volume2 that I am able to browse. If i try to browse its subfolder "Temp" I will get an error message. If I try to browse a different subfolder called "appstore" I am able to see its contents and subfolder. 

This seems like a permission issue to me but i am unsure because they look the same to me.

admin@10.0.0.252:/$ ls -la /volume2
total 4
drwxr-xr-x   1 root  root   200 Aug 16 15:44 .
drwxr-xr-x  29 root  root  4096 Aug 16 17:46 ..
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    26 Aug 16 17:55 appstore
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root   426 Aug 16 17:18 Temp

I have browsed various forums and the closest i have found was here (https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH231095), but that is not my issue and that solution does not fix my problem. 

Please see attached screenshots and log

Thank you for your time

2 REPLIES 2

MIL1
Level 3

Hello,

Can you try browsing the Linux server using ROOT account and confirm if you can browse.

Also please confirm if you can access /volume2/Temp directory from linux server and check if ls command can list the files in that directory. Check the following document

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100031084.html

Thank you,

Milind Dhale

Hi Milind

I do not wish to use root as a final config but nonetheless i went ahead and used the root credentials with Backup Exec. Unfortunatly it does the same exact thing as the admin account. I can browse some directories but not others. Its the same problem directories for root and admin too.

Yes, If i log into to the linux server via SSH I can browse and edit the contents in the /volume2/Temp folder with both admin and root account

I forgot to mention that i seen the article you have linked as well and no it does not solve my problem. 

Thank you