cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 SharePoint restore list items

MaximusK
Level 4

good afternoon
was deleted item in the list to SharePoint 2010, I became acquainted with the documentation checked on ms sql database compression (SELECT COUNT (*) FROM DBname.sys.partitions WHERE data_compression> 0)
But I have a question
  after starting the restore, in SBE15 in Tempe (GRT) Folder i see files -> MS SQL  MDF named ~ WSS_Content_4fe66f73a3f44ab9a6782b287ad6c62e.mdf
It will be replaced with the original base of the database or just the same item in the list ???

Maybe there is a detailed documentation of what happens when you restore SharePoint (I read http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC8200  and http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO99499)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MaximusK
Level 4

Yes, I use GRT-based backup. a subject not covered thoroughly, I need to recover a single item
while recovering the whole database
Thanks for the answer, I will fulfill all the recommendations of the wizard to restore

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you've done a GRT-based backup which allows you to restore individual items, then selecting an individual item will restore only that. No other DBs, unless you select the entire DB. In this case you'd be able to redirect the restore, or restore to the original location.

Thanks!

MaximusK
Level 4

Yes, I use GRT-based backup. a subject not covered thoroughly, I need to recover a single item
while recovering the whole database
Thanks for the answer, I will fulfill all the recommendations of the wizard to restore

MaximusK
Level 4

I tried to restore sharepoint list item 2010
but then I get an error

Job ended: 1 октября 2015 г. at 1:00:39
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967
Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Restore- SPSQL-001V-79-57344-33967 -

V-79-57344-33967 -

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited