cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 Slow Verify

johnny55
Level 3

Our Backup Exec is using an AWS VTL and can back our data up in a reasonable amount of time but the verifys are extremely slow. Right now we have a job that ran around 1700 MB/min and is verifying at 223 MB/min. We've setup antivirus exclusions and upgraded Backup Exec to feature pack 1. The Backup Exec server is a Windows 2012 R2 box. I'm not clear on what else we can do to speed this up so any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

lmosla
Level 6

Try running Verify as a seperate job. see here for more information on the Verify job. http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO99693

johnny55
Level 3

Running Verify as a seperate job doesn't fix the issue for us. Are there any other thoughts on how we can improve the performance?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are the NIC drivers updated ?

johnny55
Level 3

Backup Exec is running on VMware using a vmxnet3 adapter. Are there settings that need to be changed from their defaults in the NIC driver?

zaffi82
Not applicable

Hi Johnny55 

I have the same problem, did you found e solution for this problem?

Thanks for replay

zaffi

OFP_Mike
Level 3

Hello - I'm having this issue too, did anyone ever find a solution?  Clean install of BE 15 on clean build of Server 2012 R2.

Thanks...  Mike

SM_IT_Support
Not applicable

We are having the same problem. Running BE 15, Windows 2012 R2, on VMware ESXI.

At this point, I'm going to disable verify altogether, because our backups are not going fast enough.

If there is a further solution, please post here Veritas or contact me

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Are the 3 last posts also using the AWS VTL?  If not, you picked the wrong thread to "me too".

Are your verifies running against data on the local cache?  Or is it having to pull stuff down from the cloud to verify?  I would assume that verify of the local cache would be relatively quick, whereas verify from the cloud would be slower.

igUser
Level 0

I am using AWS VTL and am experiencing the same problem

Backup was at around 1600MB/Min

Verify is running at 600MB/Min

The AWS Gateway is running on a Windows 2012 Hyper-V instance

Has anyone come up with a solution?