cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15 -Tape Drive Solutions

wc_troy
Not applicable

Good afternoon,

I am new to backups and need to setup a backup strategy.  I am working in an isolated location and need to configure the backups for my site using a Tape Drive.  I want to follow the company standard, but I cannot find any information on how to configure the software for what I need.

I need help with the following backup configuration: I need to create pools under media sets per below.

Backup-01-Daily Differential

Backup-02-Weekly Full

Backup-03-Monthly Full

Also what I need is to create a pool of tapes that will be designated to a particular backup policy so when the BE asks for a new tape, it is using the same tape for the same purpose and can be added to as tapes fill up.

Example:

Daily Differential Backup will use Tape: LTO00001 – which I would like to label Daily instead of LTO00001

Weekly Full Backup will use Tape: LTO00002 which I would like to label Weekly

Monthly Full Backup will use Tape: LTO00003 which I would like to label Monthly

I have fumbled my way through to the point that I am getting backups, but I don’t want to have it so chaotic when it comes to all these tapes that seem to have part of this and a part of that on them.

Again, I really need a step by step as I am not familiar with the fine tuning.

Thank you in advance…

Windows SVR 2012 R2 STD

Backup Exec 15 – Ver.14.2. Rev 1180 (64-bit)

Tape Drive: IBM ULTRIUM-HH6 SCSI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
A good place to start would be the Managing Tapes section on page 363 of the Admin Guide

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
A good place to start would be the Managing Tapes section on page 363 of the Admin Guide